Te Ara Ahi – Thermal by Bike, offers a 66km cycling adventure through a thermal wonderland of steaming vents, bubbling mud pools and spectacular geysers, with natural hot springs to stop and enjoy along the way.
Te Ara Ahi Cycle Trail is between Rotorua and Lake Ohakuri. Lake Ohakuri is approximately 50kms south of Rotorua.
See more at www.nzcycletrail.com/te-ara-ahi
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site:
- 8.15, 12.00, 15.30
Pickup & Drop Off Points
- Lake Ohakuri: on request
- Wai-o-tapu Tavern: 10.00, 12:30, 16.00
- Waimangu Visitor Centre: 08:40, 13.15, 17.00
- Waikite Hot Pools: 12.45, 16.15
- All pickups and drop offs must be arranged in advance.
All prices are one way, to or from the destination:
- Lake Ohakuri: $85
- Wai-o-tapu Tavern: $45
- Waimangu Visitor Centre: $45
- Waikite Hot Pools: $45
- Includes transport of bicycle.
- Child (0-14 yrs): half price
- Family (2 adults, 3 children): adult price x 2.5
- You can rent bikes from the follow operators in Rotorua: