Waimangu Volcanic Valley is Rotorua’s premier tourist attraction and a ‘must do’ eco-experience when you visit Rotorua. Their exciting thermal attraction and sightseeing tours include unique ecology, rare botany and fascinating geothermal features such as steaming volcanic crater lakes. A protected scenic reserve and wildlife refuge, Waimangu Volcanic Valley geothermal park encompasses beautiful Lake Rotomahana and is set in pristine New Zealand bush. While at Waimangu Volcanic Valley be sure to enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Rotomahana. This beautiful lake has its own separate geothermal system, with the amazing thermal activity that can only be seen from the vessel during your boat cruise.
Waimangu Volcanic Valley
35km Southeast of Rotorua
TLS departures from Rotorua I-Site:
- 8.15, 12.00
- Drop off is at the visitor centre at Waimaugu.
TLS pickups from Waimaugu visitor centre:
- 13.15 (in Rotorua 13.45)
- 16.15 (in Rotorua 17.00)
- Return transport, entry & boat cruise: $130
- Return transport and entry: $85
- Return transport only: $65
- One way transport: $45
- One way transport with Bicycle: $45
- Child (0-15yrs): half price
- Waimangu has its own shuttle bus to the boat, but you also have enough time to walk there through the valley.
- Always dress to the conditions and wear suitable footwear.
- Visit Waimangu and Wai-o-tapu in the same day!